Wednesday, 10 June 2009


Bangkok 5D4N

Went down KL a day earlier and had Manhattan Fish Market. The portion was BIG and AWESOME and WORTHWHILE!

Departure from LCCT scheduled at 3.30pm was delayed till bout 4 something. It was quite frustrating waiting in the queue. But we took a family photo anyway.

In the plane..

Arrived in Survanabhumi Airport round 6pm something Thailand time.

We stayed at Centre Point , Petchburi.
It was quite inconvenient we thought at first as there were no MRT or train station nearby. HOWEVER, the greatest shopping center was just 10 minutes walk away!!!!That makes it all convenient.

Platinum Shopping Mall & Pratunam Centre

2nd day
Chilling out a while at the children play ground after breakfast. Rekind back old memories.

It was on our own so we did our own shopping at Platinum. It's a 6 floored mall with thousands and millions of shops inside. We only managed to explore 3 floors not thoroughly on the first day.

There was one big problem living around this area. We can hardly find food around!!
Platinum foodcourt was considered heaven for us, especially the OYSTER..big and juicy and yummy!!Pad-thai (fried kuey-tiaw) was special and different from my initial expectation too.


Big fat juicy oystersss...

Don't judge a food by the samples..

3rd day
After breakfast,

I can't believe I woke up at 6.15am Bangkok time for breakfast! The impossible became possible. And it was SO already bright by then.

We joined the half day tour to the Chao Phraya River. We sat the boat which was my gosh, from where i was seated, if I stretch out my hand straight, I could touch the water. It was terrifying at first, but I got used to it later.

We were cruised to a floating market, where as far as i can see, only 3-4 boats approaching us. So much so for the 'floating market'. It was an interesting experience anyhow.

Next, they brought us to the front of a temple where there are aplenty of fishes. Some tourist throwed bread inside to feed the fishes and voila!, you can see the fishes all jumping and flipping up the water to fight for a teeny weeny piece of bread. Something special bout these fishes is that they have a white dot on their head, hence, those fishes are somewhat a resemblance of 'Kuan-Yin'. Kinda cute! And the tour guide said that these fishes only stays on the side of the temple, and would not swim over the other side of the river. Also, there's this rare white fish where it is considered a lucky fishy. So, to be lucky, throw your bread to the fish and make sure the fish eats it. SWT...if it does not eat, throw more..and more and more..

Wat Arun Temple was next. There's this very steep step to climb up to somewhere in the middle of the temple. We just entered the place and was urged plenty of times by the people there, "Want go up? Pay 50Bath". We say no,no, just see see. "See see, no, go out please..". WTF. Then we just walk around the area where we would not be shoo-ed out. Puhlez lar..

Oh, there was this special ceremony going on. They are throwing gift-wrapped things into the air. People are all gushing and pushing to collect this stuff. Cute ait?

These are holy crap money money money!!!Ranging from 1-10Bath. Not bad, got people distribute money. HOHO!! Money falling from the skyyy..

Then we moved back to land and next, we adjourned to a jewellery shop. Ugh, wasting time only walk walk see see but no buy, cause too expensive.

Then we went to some honey shop. Well, at least there was free honey to drink, else i won't be sitting inside long enough till I listen to nature's calling. Next was four face Budhha, which we skipped to have our lunch. I thought the four face Budhha was a big statue monument or something like sort, was peekaboo smaller than i could imagine. Sorry, no offense! But it was really small, and it's along the road side, except that it was fenced around as it's holy.

Chillin out in McD while waiting for the other groups.

Here comes the most syiok part, Jatuchak Market.
There are like thousands thousands thousands of shops inside, ranging from clothes, vases, home deco, gifts, foods, shoes, and many many more. Unbelieveably huge, we wanted to walk around the clothes area and don't know how, we got lost round the home deco part and we were lost forever, till 6pm, closing time. SWT. It was total dehydration walking there, be sure to have at least 3 bottles of water if you are to walk around for 1 hour there.

There weren't many things to shop around (complementing the wrong side of the market we were walking), and I think I had only 2 bags?! in my hand..not good shopping day.

Then we took their Skyline Train in MoChit to National Stadium to MBK shopping mall.

The train is super nice and comfy and comparable to the MRT in Singapore. Way off from my expectations of Thailand transportation. HUH, Malaysia memang 'sangat boleh'..

There's nothing much there as the shops are closing. So, we bought nothing there but we ate a high-class meal of Vietnamese food. The ambience inside was high-class and everything looks high-class. The food was nice and nice and nice!

4th day
After our breakfast

We went to walk in Pratunam. There are quite some buys, but not as good as Platinum. Finish walking, we went to Platinum again, to conquer the other 2 floors. We moved from 2nd floor to 1st floor, but by then, my eyes are seeing stars already and I couldn't take it much more. I gave up and we moved on to eat.

MBK was next since we didn't walk much the other day and nothing much is there that suits our taste. The price is more expensive compared to Platinum. So we just went into the supermart and the ice-cream from Dairy Queen was nice! They had Oreo ice-cream in big chips which was delicioussss. Served upright else it's free. Too bad I can't get any free ice-cream.

Then we took a taxi back to Platinum and walked back to hotel from there. It was dead tiring walking for one whole day. My legs and muscles were exhausted. And I was sweaty up to my scalp and sticky. I had to bathe first upon reaching hotel. Cannot tahan! And I just sprawl onto the bed after that.

Final day
Early breakfast and the van was there to pick us up at 7.15am Bangkok time.

Bye bye Bangkok. I'm missing this trip.

Hmph, and the weather in Bangkok was so much nicer than Malaysia. Cloudy and a-bit-windy. It's hot hot and hot like no where else. Excuse the Sahara Desert. I know it's much hotter there.

No comments: