Pages

Thursday 9 September 2010

Let bygones be bygones

Emotional and recent steaming issue happening in Malaysia - Principal of school gave a brusque remark touching the sentiment of racism. This has stirred up a commotion among the nation.

This truly rings a bell. From my vague memory....

All the way back to secondary school. The teacher was talking how Malaysia has progressed through the years compared to the other countries, like China or India in terms of economy, infrastructure, etc etc. And then we have Wawasan 2020, bla bla bla bla..

Out of the blue, the teacher looked at me and said, "So you see, do you want to go back to China and live there? If you want I'll buy the air tickets and fly you back.."

In my case, the teacher didn't mean any harm and so case dismiss. But darn did I regret not saying, "YES!". Why not? Fully sponsored free trip to China.





However, as a school principal and a role model, she truly seriously made a statement which...wasn't appropriate and nonetheless ridiculous.

Anyway, I am grateful for having my Malay friends from MGS and MRSM Beseri and all around. They've been such good buddies all the time  


Wishing you all Selamat Menyambut Hari Raya!



Loves 



No comments: