Pages

Monday 18 April 2011

Amsterdam Day 2

Our itinerary was to Keukenhoft to look at the beautiful tulips!

There's an overload of flowers below so if you're not pollen-allergic, indulge! I can't remember the names as there were hundreds, maybe thousands of it which isn't very much worth remembering cause I'm not a flower person!


Off to Keukenhof..


At the entrance #1 with SherLeen and EeTeen


At the entrance #2 with QiHua and Michelle


Flower overload #1


Flower overload #2


Flower overload #3


Flower overload #4


Flower overload #5


Flower overload #6


Flower overload #7


Flower overload #8

Oh! With the exception of the fountain = P


It was a very leisure walk around accompanied with an ice-cream in hand.


Group photo taken by WaiXin


This flower has a nice essence emanating from it. Like Rosé?


Eating my lunch which costs bombed me 5


Solo shot with the flowers! 


Family girls only shot!


I was too tired walking and I wanted to lie down but there's sign of 'NO STEPPING ON GRASS' everywhere so the only place I can lie down is on the bench! Ah, blessed with the sun and surrounding ambiance.


Me and QiHua duo shot =)


Tulip flowerbed! We were walking for what seems like years and couldn't find this but at the very last minute, bout 15minutes before we're due to board the bus back, THIS...We saw what we wanted to.


Self-taken photo while strolling...


As the tour includes a free canal cruise ticket, what else could be next right?


It was just like the boat tour in Bangkok!


A building built in a shape of a ship, which is now if I'm not mistaken is an architecture center.


Blissful canal..


You've heard of parking lots for car but bicycle? This is my first definitely!


A miniature JUMBO floating restaurant compared to the one in HK!



All the above pictures was taken by my friends cause I've been...


dozing off = P

Then was the pancake bakery..and as the signpost implied, it is definitely a bakery with THE BEST PANCAKES in town for sure!



A cup of cafe latte


Pancake with banana and whipped cream with chocolate sauce


Small pancakes, something like profiteroles.


Spring special with fruits, ice-cream, whipped cream and chocolate chunks.


EeTeen, LiPing, KarLai


QiHua, WaiXin, SherLeen, Michelle


MeiKee, Jojo, QiHua

9 of us!

I'm not sure about the address I'm sure google will help you locate it!

Then walked down the street to Anne Frank and was the queue long! So we just took a picture of the signpost!


Michelle compiled this!

After pancakes, we walked around town, sat down for coffee, and when night nears, we headed for dinner at an Indonesian restaurant. I forgot the name but should you want to know, I'll search it out.


Starter of prawn crackers and Lempe (not in picture). The peanut sauce is awesome incredible super duper mighty tasty!


We ordered for 4 person and that filled out stomach.

Review: 7.0/10

The food was great, the staff was really polite and the ambience's alright. Location wise, a little far but reachable by metro tram. 




You'll see lots of these shops around the Red Light District area. On first look, you have to have your hands on 'em right?

My advice: STOP RIGHT THERE! 
Why? It costs 5 for one piece of tart, 5 for a slice of pizza, etc. 1 item costs 5. I ordered a tart, a waffle and a slice of pepperoni pizza and it costs me bloody €15 which don't even fill me 1/2 full. 
I would say this is a total scam as they didn't even put up signboards on the price of the food they're selling.
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!
IF THEY'RE NOT ABLE TO SELL OFF EVERYTHING THE DAY BEFORE, IT STAYS ON THE SAME TRAY FOR GOD KNOWS HOW MANY DAYS.
So, you might be eating a pizza/ tart prepared in the previous 3 days. Talk about freshness..Hmpph.

Please do not fall for the appearance (as I did -.-) because it's not worth your money and most importantly, your health. Wouldn't want to travel having diarrhoea all the way right?


XOXO, 
Amsterdam Day 2



No comments: