Pages

Monday 12 July 2010

Monday is always the bluest.

Monday - Had Medicines Information for the whole day in Stokes Mandeville but managed to go on ward rounds in the stroke and elderly unit, joining in with the consultation process with the doctor. MI was rather interesting and challenging, well, when you know the book by hand, you're a clinical pharmacist by name. Anyway, had a really bad experience in the stroke unit when I overheard an elderly woman patient who is about to get discharged sitting with another younger girl and a middle aged woman where it goes...

Woman : "Hi there, you feeling better? Can't wait to go home?"
Pity aunty : "Yes yes, I can't wait.".

And the gruesome part comes.
Woman : "Well, have you heard of XXXX homes? Are you keen to stay outside away from home?"

And the aunty stared at her blanky.
Pity aunty : "No No, I want to go home."

The lady never stop pestering,
Woman : "Do you have anyone to take care of you at home?"
Pity aunty : "Yes, my daughter and her husband. They take care of me."

Still persevering...
Woman : "Well, you see, your daughter have a hard time now that she's working and she can't manage taking care of you all day now. So there is this rehab centre XXXX, you can come and try to stay in for a few days, see whether you can suit the place well or not, some sort of a trial."
Pity aunty : "Uhm..well...I...I..." *STARES BLANKLY*

I can stand no longer. It was just so heartbroken to hear that. I looked away, held back my tears and think, 

"NO ONE, YES NO ONE!!! IN THIS FREAKING WIDE WORLD SHOULD SEND THEIR PARENTS TO WHATEVER REHAB CENTRE JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THEM. GET A MAID, OR WHATEVER. THEY NEVER LEAVE YOU WHEN YOU'RE BORN (WELL, EXCUSED FOR THOSE WITH EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES) AND SO, THY SHALL NOT LEAVE THEM IN THE HANDS OF SOME OLD FOLKS CENTRE WITH OTHER POOR OLD PEOPLE WHO WAS SEND IN BY THEIR OWN UNGRATEFUL CHILDREN." 

And yes, unfortunately, that just ruined my whole day.

To my dad & mum
I promised that you will stay with us three children no matter what happens, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and cherish you both always.
And yes, no old folks home or rehab centre or whatever home their is. 
You'll only have a home where you want to call it home.


Back in MI for the afternoon, some small scale argument arise when someone didn't came back from lunch and was suppose to be on duty. And so the 'manager' was a bit cheesed up when everyone came in finding for the someone. When she came back, she wasn't in a really good mood and then it happens. Oh well, I wouldn't side either one but when things like this happens, you won't see it coming, but when you're working, you should have known your own responsibility, despite the circumstances you're in. 


It's a tough world out there. Those who are still studying, do enjoy. Working life is never ever gonna be good no matter what positive thoughts you have in your brain.

"I'm doing the job I love. I just love working."
Cheeseed. Wasn't true. Never true. 



No comments: